Until March 31, 2024, Ontario businesses in the construction, transportation, and electrical utilities industries can access more than two-dozen of IHSA’s online training programs for free.
The interactive courses are available on-demand through IHSA’s dedicated eLearning platform, and cover topics ranging from asbestos awareness to occupational mental health to trenching safety. Temporarily eliminating these course fees will help more workers access vital health and safety education—anywhere and anytime they need it—to ensure they have the tools and training to work safe for life.
Companies registered in IHSA’s COR® program can also take advantage of price reductions: four eLearning courses that must be taken by COR® internal auditors are included among the no-cost programs.
Additionally, for a limited time, IHSA has waived the fee to perform a document review (a.k.a. desk audit) of a company’s occupational health and safety management system, as well as the one-year subscription fee for AuditSoft, the digital tool used to conduct internal COR® audits.
By removing some of the costs associated with achieving and maintaining COR® certification, IHSA is making it easier for small, medium, and large businesses across the province to improve the health, safety, and well-being of their workers. Firms that implement COR® are proven to have a 28% lower lost-time injury rate than non-COR® companies.
The eLearning courses that can be taken for free (until March 31, 2024) are:
- Asbestos Awareness – English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish versions
- Basics of Carbon Monoxide in Construction
- Basics of Heat Stress in Construction
- Basics of Silica
- Basics of Skin Care in Construction
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness for Construction
- Defensive Driving – G Class Driver
- Electrical Safety Awareness
- Entry Level Construction
- Hazard Identification and Control Awareness in Construction
- Legal Framework and Roles of Workplace Parties in Construction
- Occupational Health in Construction
- Occupational Mental Health
- Personal Protective Equipment in Construction
- Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Scaffold Users’ Hazard Awareness
- Traffic Control and Backing Vehicles Awareness
- Trenching Safety Awareness
- WHMIS 2015
The free COR®-specific eLearning courses are:
- Basic Auditing Principles
- COR®Internal Auditor
- Introduction to Hazard and Risk Management
To learn more about IHSA’s eLearning offerings and register for courses, click here.
To learn more COR® and the process for becoming certified, click here.